Flu Vaccination Programme
Flu Vaccination Programme Autumn/Winter 2022
We will be running flu vaccination clinics on Saturday 1st October and Saturday 15th October 2022. We will be contacting eligible patients via SMS text messages and letters.
This year, we have been asked to vaccinate people aged over 65 or in a vulnerable group. Vulnerable groups include: people with certain underlying health conditions, pregnant people, carers, household contacts of people with immunosuppression, and care home residents and staff. Once these groups have been vaccinated, and following an announcement from NHS England, we will be able to offer any remaining vaccinations to healthy people aged 50 to 64.
We will also be vaccinating children aged 2-3.
We will be offering COVID-19 booster vaccinations to people aged over 75, frontline health and social care workers and immunosuppressed people. Further groups will become eligible later in the autumn, once announced by NHS England. If you are eligible, you will be able to have your COVID-19 booster at the same time as your flu vaccination.
Covid Precautions-for everyone’s safety
In order for us all to stay safe it’s important to follow these procedures:
- Please attend at the appointment time, if you arrive too early you may be sent away and asked to return at the appointed time
- Please DO NOT attend if you feel unwell - please re-book
- Wear a face covering and use hand sanitisers on entry and exit to and from the building
- Attend alone or with a carer if required
- Follow the one way system and maintain social distancing at times until in the room where the vaccine is given.