NEW Communication for Patients
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
As a valued patient, we wanted to share our current position and ask for your understanding as we head into Winter.
Before we tell you anything else, let us tell you why our doctors became GPs. To care for people – to care for you. They want to give great care, to meet you, to listen to you and to look after both you and your families. It may not feel this way right now, but all we can say is the truth.
And the truth is – general practice is in crisis. Not because of our doctors, or the staff who work with them. It is because of the current need across the Country for many more GPs and other clinical staff to be working with us.
At Newport Pagnell Medical Centre we will endeavour to ensure that our clinical and administrative teams continue to:
- Support your needs as promptly and safely as we can whilst providing high quality care
- Support our patients who are suffering with multiple healthcare-related problems and have had these longer due to the NHS backlog
- Promote efficiency and try to recruit to all staffing vacancies
- Play our part in ensuring we are here for you and the community
- Our team of GPs are currently managing more patients than prior to the COVID pandemic
- Increased workload is also spread across all other clinicians and support teams
- In addition, the Practice contributed to the largest vaccination program the country has ever seen
- In the month of November 2022, our Practice:
- Received an average of 476 patient contacts per day
- Offered 6,931 appointments (with various clinicians) of which 3,969 were face-to-face
We would ask that you please help us by continuing to show our staff respect, patience and understanding. We are now heading into the busiest time of the year, and we are all here to ensure that our patients are the priority.
Thank you for your co-operation during this highly stressful time for everyone. We have been touched by the many kind messages of support from many of you whilst we strive to provide you with the best service we can possibly deliver.
Finally, for those of you who wish to have access to more details, we invite you to read the attached document which provides further important information.
On behalf of all the NPMC team, may we wish you and your families ‘Season Greetings’ and a healthy and Happy New Year!
The NPMC Team